The article describes how to update the firmware of the U-blox receiver. We recommend updating the firmware of the Inertial Labs device before updating the firmware of the U-blox receiver. Please contact the Inertial Labs support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for firmware update assistance.
The article information below is related to the Inertial Labs devices with the U-blox receiver. The generalized name “INS” is used hereinafter for convenience and clarity.
To update the firmware of the U-blox receiver, please do the following:
1. Download the U-center tool. U-center is U-blox software for firmware updating.
2. Download the U-blox receiver file. See the “Firmware Update” section under the “Documentation & resources” on the official Ublox website here:
3. Connect INS to PC via COM1 port and send the following command using any serial port terminal:
AA 55 00 00 07 00 A3 AA 00
The INS should response with the following:
AA 55 01 A3 08 00 AA 00 56 01
4. Connect COM2 port of the INS to PC and run U-Center (U-blox utility downloaded in step 1).
5. In U-Center software connect to the receiver. Choose the COM port number to which COM2 of the INS is connected in “Receiver” -> “Connection” -> COMX (where X is the serial port number assigned by your OS) and set the baud rate in “Receiver” -> “Baudrate” -> 460800 (regardless of the settings in GUI):
6. Open the update utility in “Tools” -> “Firmware update”. Set the path to the file in the “Firmware image” field, set the checkbox “Use this baudrate for update” and set the baud rate to 460800 bps, set “Send training sequence”. Figure 4 shows the necessary settings before updating start.
7. Start the updating procedure by clicking the green “GO” button in the bottom left of the “Firmware update utility”. The ” Firmware update SUCCESS” message will appear after the firmware is updated.
8. To complete the update, close the U-center and power-cycle the INS. After the power-cycle, check the INS FW version in the “IMU” tab of the “Device options” menu of GUI and the receiver FW in the “GNSS receiver” tab of the “Device options” menu.
If you have any questions or inquiries or require further information about Inertial Labs’ cutting-edge technologies, navigation solutions, or our extensive range of products and services, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Our dedicated team of experts is here to assist you. We value your curiosity and are committed to providing comprehensive answers and guidance to address your needs. Contact us today, and let’s embark on a journey of innovation and precision together. Your success is our priority, and we look forward to hearing from you.