Paeonian Springs, VA, USA: The Inertial Labs GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System (INS-DM) is the latest version of the Inertial Navigation System, developed by Inertial Labs.
This system, the INS-DM, is an IP68-rated version of an all-new generation of super ruggedized, shielded from the EMC/EMI, fully-integrated, combined Inertial Navigation System (INS) + Attitude & Heading Reference System (AHRS) + Air Data Computer (ADC) high-performance strapdown system, that determines position, velocity and absolute orientation (Heading, Pitch, and Roll) for any device. It can accurately determine Horizontal and Vertical Position, Velocity, and Orientation for both motionless and dynamic applications.
The Inertial Labs INS-DM can support multiple types of MEMS Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) developed by Inertial Labs. Additionally, the INS-DM supports other IMUs, like the Honeywell HG4930. The INS-DM also utilizes different multi-constellation (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, and BEIDOU) GNSS receivers like the Novatel OEM7 series or the u-blox F9 series.
The design of the INS-DM also includes an optional Air Data Computer (ADC), supported by two Honeywell barometric sensors, and the ability to keep an internal Fluxgate or external Stand-Alone Magnetic Compass (SAMC). The INS-DM contains the following:
- Inertial Labs’ new onboard sensor fusion filter.
- State-of-the-art navigation and guidance algorithms.
- Calibration software.
KEY FEATURES, BENEFITS & FUNCTIONALITY
- Commercially exportable GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System.
- 3-in-1 Strapdown System: INS + AHRS + ADC (Air Data Computer).
- Embedded industrial, tactical, or navigation grade Honeywell or Inertial Labs MEMS Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU).
- Novatel OEM7 or u-blox ZED-F9P F9 high precision GNSS receiver.
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU, QZSS, RTK supported signals.
- Total and static pressure sensors for calculating indicated airspeed.
- SP, SBAS, DGPS, RTK, and PPP corrections for precise real-time operation.
- GNSS measurements and IMU raw data for post-processing.
- Advanced, extendable (based on application), embedded Kalman Filter based sensor fusion algorithms.
- State-of-the-art algorithms for different dynamic motions of helicopters, UAVs, marine vessels, and ground vehicles.
- Full temperature calibration of all sensing elements.
- EMC, EMI, and ERD protection (MIL-STD-1275).
- Environmentally sealed (IP68).
- Aiding data: Wind sensor, Air Speed Sensor, Doppler shift from locator (for long-term GPS denied), External position, and External Heading.
About Inertial Labs
Established in 2001, Inertial Labs is the leader in position and orientation technologies for commercial/industrial and aerospace/defense applications. With a worldwide distributor & representative network covering 20+ countries across six continents, a standard product offering that span from Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) up to complete GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation Systems (INS), and an application breadth that covers Land, Air, and Sea; Inertial Labs covers the gambit of inertial technologies.
For further information contact:
VP of Business Development
Inertial Labs Inc.
+1 (703) 880-4222
39959 Catoctin Ridge Street, Paeonian Springs, VA 20129
Inertial Labs, a developer of GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation and Measurement Units, has announced the release of an upgraded version of the “INS-U” GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System, a revolutionary unit due to its extended version of Differential Pressure Sensor and Embedded Air Data Computer, allowing the unit to measure airspeed with up to 600 KNOTS to enhance high dynamic applications. This new INS-U version can output fused (GNSS + IMU) NMEA data to Pixhawk Autopilot, which allows Pixhawk Autopilot to navigate UAV in a long-term GNSS-denied environment (more than 1 hour).
The INS-U is a fully integrated, combined Inertial Navigation System (INS) + Attitude & Heading Reference System (AHRS) + Air Data Computer (ADC) high-performance strapdown system that determines position, velocity, and absolute orientation (Heading, Pitch, and Roll) for any device. It can accurately determine Horizontal and Vertical Position, Velocity, and Orientation for both motionless and high-dynamic applications.
“We grow through organic technology development, operational execution, and a sharp focus on meeting the best quality standards.”
said Jamie Marraccini, President & CEO of Inertial Labs,
“that’s why we constantly listen, adapt, and evolve with and for our customers.”