- For some applications, the Inertial Labs Inertial Navigation System (INS) is configured to allow external heading input from a Stand-Alone Magnetic Compass (SAMC).
- The SAMC by default is configured to communicate with the INS over Ethernet, using the Multi-Port Development kit.
- Since the Multi-Port Development kit and INS have been modified from their original configuration, the Ethernet port can ONLY be used to communicate with an external SAMC.
- If nothing is plugged into the Multi-Port Development kit, the INS will function as normal , but without aiding input from the SAMC.
- If anything besides the SAMC is connected to the Ethernet port; however, the device will not operate properly, or may not operate at all. All updates, and communication with the INS should be dine over the COM ports in the Multi-Port Development Kit, and not the Ethernet port.
User Information for Inertial Navigation System (INS) using Stand-Alone Magnetic Compass (SAMC)
Last Updated: Aug 19, 2020