Attitude Is Everything
High-Performance Orientation and Navigation Solutions
Trailblazers in positioning, navigation solutions, and orienting technologies for over 20 years, Inertial Labs creates cutting-edge inertial solutions for air, land, and sea. Our team serves and consults clients across every industry imaginable, solving today’s problems and planning how we can unravel those of tomorrow.
Inertial Labs is at the forefront of developing and customizing products for exciting technologies, from commerce and industry to government, defense, and aerospace. Our solutions include Inertial Measuring, Magnetic Compensation, GNSS Tracking, LiDAR Scanning, Optical Image Processing, Acoustic, Ultra-wideband RF, and Celestial/Solar Compassing.
As sensor fusion consultants and engineers, Inertial Labs designs and develops high-quality products with the best price-performance ratio in the world. We view each project as a partnership and work collaboratively to fine-tune projects through each development stage, from concept through testing.
Inertial Labs HQ + R&D
Paeonian Springs, Virginia, USA
Leesburg, Virginia, USA
Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
Synergistic Solutions – Innovative, Comprehensive, Collaborative
- 2001: Incorporated as Inertial Labs, Inc. with headquarters in Virginia state, U.S.A.
- 2002 – 2003: 6DOF and 3DOF Ferrofluid sensors development. First SBIR Phase I Contract with US Army.
- 2004 – 2005: R&D Contract for Tactical Engagement Simulation Software (TESS) Program.
- 2006 – 2008: Coriolis Vibratory Gyroscopes (CVG), Quartz Pendulum Accelerometers, and Fluxgate Mag’s development. Release of the first AHRS.
- 2009 – 2011: Optically Enhanced AHRS and Weapon Orientation Module development. Full Body Motion Capture System release.
- 2012 – 2013: Release of miniature 3D orientation sensors for $75M Dismounted Soldiers Training Systems (DSTS) Contract.
- 2014 – 2018: MEMS-based Tactical-grade IMU, AHRS, and Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) development and release.
- 2019 – 2020: LIDAR Payload for 3D mapping and industrial inspections development and release.
- 2021 – 2022: MEMSENSE acquisition. RMCU and miniature New Tactical and Industrial-grade Inertial Measurement Units (KERNEL IMU) released.
- 2022: 120 employees; >500 IMUs per week production rate; Near-FOG IMU release.
- 2022 – Present: SLAM; new INS for operation in a long-term GNSS-denied environment; FOG & MEMS-based gyrocompass development.
Since 2001, Inertial Labs has continued to pursue and be selected for government contracts where precision aiming and navigation systems are needed. Over the last 20 years, Inertial Labs has been awarded numerous SBIR and BAA contracts leading to three programs of record and twice labeled an SBIR success story.
Navigation, Stabilization and Pointing
Ground Vehicle Sensors and Systems
Commercial and Military
Small to Large Scale Operations
Dynamic Position, Heave, Surge and Sway
Examples of Key Applications
- GPS-Denied Inertial Navigation Systems
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (fixed-wing and multi-rotor UAV)
- Autonomous Ground Vehicles (AGV)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
- Remote Operated Vehicles (ROV)
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV)
- Radars and Antennas stabilization and pointing systems
- Antenna Reference Units (ARU)
- Remote sensing (mapping, low altitude photogrammetry)
- Automotive (ADAS, Vehicles testing)
- Land Vehicles Navigation Systems
- Mortars Fire Control Systems
- Active Heave Compensation Systems (AHC)
- LiDAR / MBES / SBES-based survey
- Solar Tracking Systems
- Buildings, Pipes, and Bridges Structure Monitoring
The World's Top Companies Trust Inertial Labs
Inertial Labs Unites the Best Industry Experts and Management in One Big Family
Great work requires great people, and we think ours are some bests. Our excellent team is on top of the Inertial Labs success story, breakthrough solutions, and everything we do. We currently employ over 100 outstanding people across our locations, managed by our highly experienced, multidiscipline Leadership Team. Each member of our Leadership Team is an authentic influencer, bringing abundant experience and expertise in their respective fields and a profound understanding of the needs of the core industries in which we operate. Coming on board means joining the family!
President and CEO
VP of Engineering
VP of Business Development
VP of Technology
Chief Technology Officer
VP of Production
VP of Operations
Chief Information Officer
Senior Application Engineer
Supply Chain Manager
Our manufacturing partners are certified to meet the standards set by the electronics industry. As a result, our clients get more than incredible service. They also get the highest quality products. Here’s a list of our top honors:
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- ISO 13485:2012 Certified
- IL-STD-I-454 Requirements 5 and 9
- J-STD-001 (Class 1, 2 & 3)
- IPC-A-610 (Class 1, 2 & 3)
- IPC-A-620 (Class 1, 2 & 3)
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 (Class 1, 2 & 3)
- IPC 2221
More about Inertial Labs, Inc.
Trademark Legal Notice: All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this document are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement. ABS, BeiDou, Cobham Limited, EdgeTech, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, Hesai, Hexagon, HYPACK, IMAGENEX, Kongsberg Seatex, LabVIEW, Livox, Norbit, NovAtel, NovAtel Inertial Explorer, Ouster, Qinsy, Quanergy, QZSS, R2Sonic, RIEGL, ROCK Robotic, ROS, Septentrio, Ship Motion Control SMC, Teledyne TSS, u-blox, Velodyne, WAASP, Waypoint.